What is Write – 30?
Write – 30 is a daily activity aimed at kids where you write non-stop for twenty minutes then check and edit your work for 10 minutes. You will be asked to write about different subjects and in different forms.
The writing should be done on lined paper in pencil if possible. Edit and check the work in pen. If you don’t have paper and pencil, use what you can. Even a computer.
The whole family/household could do it and then share the results afterwards!
Finding it difficult? What you can do to help:
- Always sit/work in the same place
- Always use the same writing tools
- Always turn the TV off
- No talking – it distracts thinking
- Always listen to the same piece of classical music when writing.
- Always set yourself a goal: count the number of words. Try to beat that number the following day.
WRITE -3o for 27/03/20:
The Spaghetti Dinosaur.
You walk into the staff room at your school. There is a dinosaur sat at a table eating tinned spaghetti. What happens next?
STUCK? Try this story starter: I entered the staffroom looking for Mr Fitzsimons but instead saw a great big dinosaur sat in Ms Hillard’s favourite chair eating tinned spaghetti (with tomato sauce). The dinosaur was…