What if you were granted a wish. Just one wish from a genie. What would you wish for? Be careful – things can go wrong. Write the story about what happens.
STUCK? Try this story starter: The great green genie stood before me. His bald head shining in the sun and his red beard blowing in a breeze.
“I will grant you one wish. What will it be?” he demanded.
What is Write – 30?
Write – 30 is a daily activity where you write non-stop for twenty minutes then check and edit your work for 10 minutes. You will be asked to write about different subjects and in different forms.
The writing should be done on lined paper in pencil if possible. Edit and check the work in pen. If you don’t have paper and pencil, use what you can. Even a computer.
Finding it difficult? What you can do to help:
- Always sit/work in the same place
- Always use the same writing tools
- Always turn the TV off
- No talking – it distracts thinking
- Always listen to the same piece of classical music when writing.
- Always set yourself a goal: count the number of words. Try to beat that number the following day.