The Marble Crusher.
The Head Teacher has a devilish device: a marble crusher. Just don’t let her catch you playing marbles. Write the story about when you got caught.
Try this story starter: The Head Teacher loomed over me like a dark figure of doom.
“What?” she bellowed. “Are those marbles?”
I tried to hide them behind my back but it was too late.
What is Write – 30?
Write – 30 is a daily activity where you write non-stop for twenty minutes then check and edit your work for 10 minutes. You will be asked to write about different subjects and in different forms.
The writing should be done on lined paper in pencil if possible. Edit and check the work in pen. If you don’t have paper and pencil, use what you can. Even a computer.
Finding it difficult? What you can do to help:
- Always sit/work in the same place
- Always use the same writing tools
- Always turn the TV off
- No talking – it distracts thinking
- Always listen to the same piece of classical music when writing.
- Always set yourself a goal: count the number of words. Try to beat that number the following day.