A Letter To Aunt McTavinkish.
You are looking after Aunt McTavinkish’s pet dragon but things are not going well so you write her a letter to tell her what’s gone wrong. Write the letter. What bad things have happened? What do you want your aunt to do?
STUCK? Try this story starter:
Dear Aunt McTavinkish,
About the pet dragon you asked me to look after.
Things are not going well. They’re terrible in fact. Just today it…
What is Write – 30?
Write – 30 is a daily activity where you write non-stop for twenty minutes then check and edit your work for 10 minutes. You will be asked to write about different subjects and in different forms.
The writing should be done on lined paper in pencil if possible. Edit and check the work in pen. If you don’t have paper and pencil, use what you can. Even a computer.
Finding it difficult? What you can do to help:
- Always sit/work in the same place
- Always use the same writing tools
- Always turn the TV off
- No talking – it distracts thinking
- Always listen to the same piece of classical music when writing.
- Always set yourself a goal: count the number of words. Try to beat that number the following day.