Your rather eccentric Uncle Clarence has given you a present. Considering last time it was a baby dragon he found in the Amazon, what is it this time?
STUCK? Try this story starter:
Holding my breath, I ripped off the red wrapping paper covering the box and lifted the lid. Curled up, inside, no bigger than my hand was a small white horse. At least, at first I thought it was a horse but on closer inspection I noticed…
What is Write – 30?
Write – 30 is a daily activity where you write non-stop for twenty minutes then check and edit your work for 10 minutes. You will be asked to write about different subjects and in different forms.
The writing should be done on lined paper in pencil if possible. Edit and check the work in pen. If you don’t have paper and pencil, use what you can. Even a computer.
Finding it difficult? What you can do to help:
- Always sit/work in the same place
- Always use the same writing tools
- Always turn the TV off
- No talking – it distracts thinking
- Always listen to the same piece of classical music when writing.
- Always set yourself a goal: count the number of words. Try to beat that number the following day.