On a trip to an art gallery you are left alone in one of the rooms by mistake. There is no one else there. Suddenly, one of the paintings begins to talk.
STUCK? Try this story starter:
I peered up at the figure of a woman holding a vase of flowers. It wasn’t the most exciting painting I’d seen but there was something about the smile on the women’s face. All of a sudden she coughed.
“Can I help you?” she asked.
What is Write – 30?
Write – 30 is a daily activity where you write non-stop for twenty minutes then check and edit your work for 10 minutes. You will be asked to write about different subjects and in different forms.
The writing should be done on lined paper in pencil if possible. Edit and check the work in pen. If you don’t have paper and pencil, use what you can. Even a computer.
Finding it difficult? What you can do to help:
- Always sit/work in the same place
- Always use the same writing tools
- Always turn the TV off
- No talking – it distracts thinking
- Always listen to the same piece of classical music when writing.
- Always set yourself a goal: count the number of words. Try to beat that number the following day.