Message In A Bottle.
You are out walking on the beach when your foot hits a half hidden bottle. Picking it up tp put it in the bin, you notice a piece of paper scrolled up inside. You pop the bottle open and pull out the paper. Unrolling the paper, you see a message. What does it say?
STUCK? Try this story starter:
I pulled out the piece of paper and unfurled it. There was shaky writing on it, quite faded, but I could just make out what was written there. It said:
“To who it may concern,
My name is Jamie and I am…
What is Write – 30?
Write – 30 is a daily activity where you write non-stop for twenty minutes then check and edit your work for 10 minutes. You will be asked to write about different subjects and in different forms.
The writing should be done on lined paper in pencil if possible. Edit and check the work in pen. If you don’t have paper and pencil, use what you can. Even a computer.
Finding it difficult? What you can do to help:
- Always sit/work in the same place
- Always use the same writing tools
- Always turn the TV off
- No talking – it distracts thinking
- Always listen to the same piece of classical music when writing.
- Always set yourself a goal: count the number of words. Try to beat that number the following day.