What if you entered your bedroom and you found an exact copy of you? And they were saying they were you! What would you do?
STUCK? Try this story starter: I had snuck out the house to go to my girlfriend’s house. I was told not to as my parent’s think she is a bad influence. What do they know? Anyway, I climbed the tree up to my bedroom window and clambered in. I was shocked what I saw there. On my bed was an exact copy me. Same face, same clothes, same scar above the left eye from the time I tripped over the dog.
“Jamie, I’ve been waiting for you,” it said.
What happens next?
What is Write – 30?
Write – 30 is a daily activity where you write non-stop for twenty minutes then check and edit your work for 10 minutes. You will be asked to write about different subjects and in different forms.
The writing should be done on lined paper in pencil if possible. Edit and check the work in pen. If you don’t have paper and pencil, use what you can. Even a computer.
Finding it difficult? What you can do to help:
- Always sit/work in the same place
- Always use the same writing tools
- Always turn the TV off
- No talking – it distracts thinking
- Always listen to the same piece of classical music when writing.
- Always set yourself a goal: count the number of words. Try to beat that number the following day.