Imagine you place a stone on a fire. The stone cracks open to reveal a fire spirit dancing in the flames. What does it want? What do you do?
STUCK? Try this story starter:
I placed the stone in the fire; the stone that was as black as night and shaped like a small bird’s egg. And waited. The flames licked around its sides. Was that a small crack? The stone suddenly makes a sound like bones snapping and splits in two. Out steps…
What happens next?
What is Write – 30?
Write – 30 is a daily activity where you write non-stop for twenty minutes then check and edit your work for 10 minutes. You will be asked to write about different subjects and in different forms.
The writing should be done on lined paper in pencil if possible. Edit and check the work in pen. If you don’t have paper and pencil, use what you can. Even a computer.
Finding it difficult? What you can do to help:
- Always sit/work in the same place
- Always use the same writing tools
- Always turn the TV off
- No talking – it distracts thinking
- Always listen to the same piece of classical music when writing.
- Always set yourself a goal: count the number of words. Try to beat that number the following day.