You have built a rocket car. It is the fastest car in the world. What does it look like? What noise does it make? What do you do with it?
STUCK? Try this story starter:
Jamie stood by the machine. It was finally finished. All those years of toil, sleepless nights, missing out on going out with friends, had been worth it. It was ready. Hesitantly he pulled out the starter keys and looked down at the gleaming machine. Its ….
What happens next?
DID YOU KNOW? There is a book about an amazing car. It is called Chitty Chitty Bang Bang by Ian Fleming (he also wrote James Bond). It was also made into a famous musical film.
What is Write – 30?
Write – 30 is a daily activity where you write non-stop for twenty minutes then check and edit your work for 10 minutes. You will be asked to write about different subjects and in different forms.
The writing should be done on lined paper in pencil if possible. Edit and check the work in pen. If you don’t have paper and pencil, use what you can. Even a computer.
Finding it difficult? What you can do to help:
- Always sit/work in the same place
- Always use the same writing tools
- Always turn the TV off
- No talking – it distracts thinking
- Always listen to the same piece of classical music when writing.
- Always set yourself a goal: count the number of words. Try to beat that number the following day.