The Queen’s Dinner.
You are the head chef at Buckingham Palace. The Queen has asked you to prepare a banquet in honour of a visit by the New Zealand Prime Minister. What food will you provide? Write the menu.
STUCK? Try this story starter:
made from rare bead tomatoes
collected by the elves of Epping Forest
What is Write – 30?
Write – 30 is a daily activity where you write non-stop for twenty minutes then check and edit your work for 10 minutes. You will be asked to write about different subjects and in different forms.
The writing should be done on lined paper in pencil if possible. Edit and check the work in pen. If you don’t have paper and pencil, use what you can. Even a computer.
Finding it difficult? What you can do to help:
- Always sit/work in the same place
- Always use the same writing tools
- Always turn the TV off
- No talking – it distracts thinking
- Always listen to the same piece of classical music when writing.
- Always set yourself a goal: count the number of words. Try to beat that number the following day.