Pick a photo from a photo album. Describe what the person or place looks like. Write the story behind the picture.
STUCK? Try this story starter:
Look at the picture above.
The man is called Jamie and he is wearing a long flowing blue shirt and some baggy grey trousers while pushing his bicycle…
What happens next?
What is Write – 30?
Write – 30 is a daily activity where you write non-stop for twenty minutes then check and edit your work for 10 minutes. You will be asked to write about different subjects and in different forms.
The writing should be done on lined paper in pencil if possible. Edit and check the work in pen. If you don’t have paper and pencil, use what you can. Even a computer.
Finding it difficult? What you can do to help:
- Always sit/work in the same place
- Always use the same writing tools
- Always turn the TV off
- No talking – it distracts thinking
- Always listen to the same piece of classical music when writing.
- Always set yourself a goal: count the number of words. Try to beat that number the following day.