Your privacy is very important to us. At stephenfitzsimons.wordpress.com we have a couple of fundamental principles that we follow:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We don’t contact you unless necessary following a comment or decision to follow the site.
Like most website operators, stephenfitzsimons.wordpress.com and it’s host, WordPress.com, collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. stephenfitzsimons.wordpress.com’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how stephenfitzsimons.wordpress.com’s visitors use its website. For a better understanding of what WordPress.com uses your data for, follow this lnk: https://automattic.com/privacy-notice/
stephenfitzsimons.wordpress.com and WordPress.com also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on my blogs. stephenfitzsimons.wordpress.com only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that blog commenter IP addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog where the comment was left.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to stephenfitzsimons.wordpress.com’s website choose to interact with stephenfitzsimons.wordpress.com in ways that require stephenfitzsimons.wordpress.com to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that stephenfitzsimons.wordpress.com gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who comment on our blog to provide a username and email address. Those who wish to receive stephenfitzsimons.wordpress.com updates via email, we collect their emails. In each case, stephenfitzsimons.wordpress.com collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with stephenfitzsimons.wordpress.com. stephenfitzsimons.wordpress.com does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the understanding that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
stephenfitzsimons.wordpress.com may collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its website. For instance, stephenfitzsimons.wordpress.com may monitor the most popular pages on the site or use spam screened by the Akismet service to help identify spam. stephenfitzsimons.wordpress.com may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, stephenfitzsimons.wordpress.com does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
stephenfitzsimons.wordpress.com discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, like wordpress.com, that need to know that information in order to process it on stephenfitzsimons.wordpress.com’s behalf or to provide services available at stephenfitzsimons.wordpress.com’s website. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using stephenfitzsimons.wordpress.com’s website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. stephenfitzsimons.wordpress.com will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above,stephenfitzsimons.wordpress.com discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when stephenfitzsimons.wordpress.com believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of stephenfitzsimons.wordpress.com, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of an stephenfitzsimons.wordpress.com website and have supplied your email address, stephenfitzsimons.wordpress.com may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with stephenfitzsimons.wordpress.com. We primarily use the website to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. stephenfitzsimons.wordpress.com takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
Comments and other content submitted to Akismet anti-spam service are not saved on our servers unless they were marked as false positives, in which case we store them long enough to use them to improve the service to avoid future false positives.
Additional Information regarding WordPress.com:
stephenfitzsimons.wordpress.com is hosted by WordPress.com. The following outlines how they may use your data to enable website services provided to stephenfitzsimons.wordpress.com to enhance your user experience.
- Follower and Subscriber Information: When a visitor signs up to follow or subscribe to a Site using WordPress.com, WordPress collects the sign-up information requested by the Site, which typically includes an email address.
- Site Comments: When a visitor leaves a comment on a Site, WordPress collects that comment, and other information that the visitor provides along with the comment, such as the visitor’s name and email address.
- Other Information Entered on the Site: Wordpress may also collect other information that a visitor enters on the Site–such as a contact form submission, a search query, or Site registration.
Information WordPress automatically collects from the site:
WordPress also automatically collects some information about visitors to a Site.
- Technical Data from a Visitor’s Computer and Etcetera: Wordpress collects the information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available about visitors to a Site, such as the IP address, browser type, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
- Visitor Interactions: Wordpress collects information about a visitor’s interactions with a Site, including the “likes” and “ratings” left by visitors to a Site using WordPress.com.
- Location Information: Wordpress may determine the approximate location of a visitor’s device from the IP address. They collect and use this information to, for example, tally Users how many people visit their Sites from certain geographic regions. If you’d like, you can read more about the Site Stats feature for WordPress.com sites.
- Akismet Commenter Information: They collect information about visitors who comment on stephenfitzsimons.wordpress.com using their Akismet anti-spam service. The information they collect includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address and the comment itself).
- Intense Debate Commenter Information: Wordpress.com collect information about visitors who comment on Sites that use our Intense Debate service. The information that we collect depends on how the User sets up Intense Debate for the Site, but typically includes the IP address and account information on the Site, along with the comment.