I am available for school visits within the UK. I have a preference for locations near London as I am based there but would consider travelling wider – just ask!
As an alternative, have you thought of a virtual visit from an author?
These visits can be equally personal, inspiring and exciting for young writers.
Why not contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a date and details.
I can do a bespoke and very reasonable priced visit based upon your needs.
I have nearly 30 years experience of working with children in schools through providing writing based activities and workshops. I have also lead English, developed book based curriculums, and helped lead writing in a London Borough as a Leading Teacher for Literacy.
I offer in-class book readings with Q & A and exciting Writing Workshops or even a mixture of both. I am sure I can offer you a day that meets all your needs.
What you need to do:
- Email me on email@example.com to arrange a date and details.
- In person visits: Book me for 1/2 day (London only) or 1 day slots. Fees are in line with Society of Author recommendations.
- Ensure you order enough copies of my one of books from me for your children in advance. I find it best if you pre-order so that no children are disappointed on the day and I can arrange a special discounted price if you order through me. I suggest producing a list with class & child’s name.
- Virtual Visits: Contact me by email to arrange what you need at a bespoke price.
- It is also wise to get a copy of one of my books from All Good Bookshop or Amazon to read to your class to generate discussion and enable the children to ask insightful questions.
- Provide any travelling & accommodation expenses.
I look forward to hearing from you!
“It was fantastic to see the children really engaged when listening to Stephen’s enthusiastic story telling. All the children were keen to participate in the writing activity, even the reluctant writers!” Charlene, Year 3 Teacher, Bangabandhu Primary School
“We had a great evening with Stephen hearing about the books that had inspired him to write. His enthusiasm for reading and writing was infectious, and his confession about how much he disliked books as a child meant even most reluctant readers were keen to hear what he had to say. He definitely deserves a Book Reader Badge.” Hilary Osborne, Akela, 4th Wood Green Cubs
“The author came to my school and gave us a workshop on how to write and become an author… He’s as entertaining as his book and I hope he writes more… I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND.” Saoirse, Year 5, St John Vianney Catholic Primary