Write a recipe to make a potion. Write the ingredients and how to make it. What will your potion do?
STUCK? Try this story starter:
Recipe To Make Your Feet Smell of Flowers
7 Lavender Plants
1 Jar of Vanilla Seeds
6 Tubes of Mint Toothpaste
1/2 Bottle of Bubble Bath…
DID YOU KNOW? There is a famous story about a potion recipe made by a boy for his grandma. It is called George’s Marvellous Medicine by Roald Dahl.
What is Write – 30?
Write – 30 is a daily activity where you write non-stop for twenty minutes then check and edit your work for 10 minutes. You will be asked to write about different subjects and in different forms.
The writing should be done on lined paper in pencil if possible. Edit and check the work in pen. If you don’t have paper and pencil, use what you can. Even a computer.
Finding it difficult? What you can do to help:
- Always sit/work in the same place
- Always use the same writing tools
- Always turn the TV off
- No talking – it distracts thinking
- Always listen to the same piece of classical music when writing.
- Always set yourself a goal: count the number of words. Try to beat that number the following day.